Rich, creamy Salted Caramel Sauce is super easy to make and the perfect addition to your favorite desserts.
Remember that one time I switched Hosts and thought I had passed my window of waiting to post a new recipe? If not good… if so I am sorry, but my blog ate the post from earlier today and now you get this.
Now let’s talk about the caramel, because this Salted Caramel Sauce is so easy to make and is the perfect addition to your favorite ice cream, brownies, coffee, etc. Anywhere you think might be a good place to add a big old dollop of this sauce, you can’t go wrong, trust me!
So I will issue a WARNING: this Salted Caramel Sauce is addictingly good. Like eat it by the spoonful good, which admittedly I have been doing! Because well it’s delicious. I won’t judge if you decide to lick the spoon, I’ve already done that about a half a dozen times. However you decide to serve it up I hope you’ll enjoy!
Salted Caramel Sauce
Yield 8 oz
- 3/4 c sugar
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1/4 c heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat cook the sugar, whisking continuously until melted.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes, until the mixture turns a deep amber color.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla and sea salt, whisk until smooth.
- Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes prior to serving.
- Store remaining sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
recipe adapted from Churros and Salted Caramel Sauce by The Novice Chef
Courses Dessert, Sauce
Craving even more caramel recipes? Try these: