Crisp, delicious Butter Cookies are lightly sweet snack that make a great afternoon treat and they are perfect as snickerdoodle cookies too!
I’ve been having a little extra fun in the kitchen lately thanks to the good folks over at Core Home. Recently they sent me some fun kitchen tools to review and I really love the bright, playful colors their products feature. The recipe I am sharing today is a super delicious, simple butter cookie that is perfect for baking anytime and I used these adorable cookie stamps to make them even more fun.
Since the base of this recipe comes from my mother in laws snickerdoodle cookie recipe, I decided to roll a few of the cookies in cinnamon and sugar before pressing them with the stamp, the result is equally as cute and even more delicious flavor.
I just know you are going to want a batch of these cookies right away, enjoy and happy baking!
- ½ c butter, softened
- ⅓ c brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1 c flour, sifted
- 1 Tbs sugar
- ½ Tbs ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 275º F and line two baking pans with baking mats or parchment.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- If cinnamon coating is desired, in a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Scoop the dough into 2 Tbs rounds.
- If choosing to coat with cinnamon sugar mixture do so at this point.
- Place the dough on the baking pan and press with the cookie stamp.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on the pan 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
In addition to the Cookie Stamp Set, Core also sent me a few of their most useful kitchen tools for the home baker: All Purpose Spatula, Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, Silicone Oven Mitt and Silicone Baking Mat.
I love how the spatula is a solid piece, which means no junky buildup gets in the handle, so easy to wash and versatile enough to use everyday.
How many sets of measuring cups is too many? I am of the opinion you can never have enough, I especially love that the handles are color coded, which makes it easy to see the size of the cup at just a glance, no more accidentally grabbing the 1/3 c when you meant to grab the 1/4 c.
I love the measuring spoons for the same reason as the cups, the color coding makes it so simple to keep them from getting disorganized. I only wish it came with more size options, the set includes a 1/2 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/2 Tbs and 1 Tbs measures.
A thick silicone oven mitt is great for grabbing those hot batches of cookies from the oven without burning your hands and these come in three bright colors to choose from.
And last but not least I love the baking mat, silicone makes it non-stick and super easy to clean. Plus it has a handy measuring guide right on the mat in addition to ruled sizing for rolling out dough, a definite must have during pie baking season.
This post is sponsored by Core Home, I was sent products in exchange for my opinions, recipe and photos are all my own.