These soft Mint Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies are made with your favorite boxed cake mix and loaded with chunks of Andes Mint candy.
Today I am happy to be participating today in the 3rd Annual Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap, hosted by my friend Julie of White Lights on Wednesday! Here’s how it works, you sign up to participate, you get matched with another baker and then swap favorite cookie recipes, fun huh? Last year Julie was my recipe swap buddy and this year I was paired with Abbey from the Cards We Drew, who just happens to be one of the co-hosts this year 🙂 If you want to see what Abbey has baked go check out her site – hint, hint it’s something yummy!
Abbey sent over her recipe for Chocolate Mint Cake Mix Cream Cheese Cookies, since Christmas is almost here (holy cow where has December gone?) I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try something new and have cookies to share with friends. These soft, cakey chocolate cookies are so easy to make and are loaded with delicious Andes mint chips, you’re going to love them. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we did, happy baking!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ c butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1 c Andes mint chips
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat together the cream cheese and butter.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add the chocolate cake mix and egg and mix well.
- Then fold in the Andes mint chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop place the dough 2" apart on the pans and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan 3 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store remaining cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.