Sweet, crunchy and delicious, this Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Granola makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
You know those days when you wake up and just want to eat chocolate for breakfast? Yeah me too! I have always been a huge fan of no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies, I could eat them any time of the day, A-N-Y! This super easy, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Granola tastes kind of like eating my beloved no-bake cookie for breakfast, but in a way healthier form.
Last week I embarked on a eat vegan week, I headed to the grocery store and stocked up on a few essentials to make my goal a success – namely Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter. My sweet tooth is killer, so when I spotted the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter I was stoked. My vegan adventure actually went pretty well the first few days and then I caved and ate pizza, because well it’s pizza and who can resist!
Anyway, back to the granola… it’s super easy to make, tastes amazing and you can eat it all day long. Grab a bowl and spoon, make a parfait with some of your favorite yogurt or just snack on it by the handful. I really think that you are going to love it as much as I do, enjoy and happy baking!
- ½ c coconut oil
- ½ c dark chocolate peanut butter, I used Peanut Butter Co Dark Chocolate Dreams
- ¼ c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 c old fashioned oats
- ½ c almond slices
- 1 Tbs Dutch process cocoa powder
- ¾ c freeze dried bananas, in pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a large sheet pan with parchment or a silicone baking mat,
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey for 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth, then add the vanilla and salt.
- Add the oats, almond slices and cocoa powder, stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully stir the mixture and return to the oven for 10 minutes, stir the mixture one last time and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven and let cool completely.
- Stir in the freeze dried banana pieces and serve.
- Store remaining granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.