Sweet, crunchy and delicious, this Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Granola makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack.
You know those days when you wake up and just want to eat chocolate for breakfast? Yeah me too! I have always been a huge fan of no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies, I could eat them any time of the day, A-N-Y! This super easy, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Granola tastes kind of like eating my beloved no-bake cookie for breakfast, but in a way healthier form.
Last week I embarked on a eat vegan week, I headed to the grocery store and stocked up on a few essentials to make my goal a success – namely Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter. My sweet tooth is killer, so when I spotted the Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter I was stoked. My vegan adventure actually went pretty well the first few days and then I caved and ate pizza, because well it’s pizza and who can resist!
Anyway, back to the granola… it’s super easy to make, tastes amazing and you can eat it all day long. Grab a bowl and spoon, make a parfait with some of your favorite yogurt or just snack on it by the handful. I really think that you are going to love it as much as I do, enjoy and happy baking!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Granola
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c dark chocolate peanut butter, I used Peanut Butter Co Dark Chocolate Dreams
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c almond slices
- 1 Tbs Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3/4 c freeze dried bananas, in pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a large sheet pan with parchment or a silicone baking mat,
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey for 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth, then add the vanilla and salt.
- Add the oats, almond slices and cocoa powder, stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully stir the mixture and return to the oven for 10 minutes, stir the mixture one last time and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven and let cool completely.
- Stir in the freeze dried banana pieces and serve.
- Store remaining granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Courses breakfast, granola
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life says
I am right there with you wanting to eat chocolate for breakfast!!! I am loving that chocolate peanut butter granola…I know what I want for breakfast tomorrow 🙂
ha ha yes! Thanks Jocelyn 🙂
Marlynn @UrbanBlissLife says
I hear ya: I went dairy-free a couple of months ago after discovering I have a sensitivity to almost all dairy and vegan cheese just doesn’t *quite* do pizza justice sometimes. This granola looks like a fantastic snack!
Oh my yes, I totally know how you feel. I did it for my sister, she’s vegan and clearly I lack the will power to convert over.
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
I love that dark chocolate PB! It would be amazing in granola, another one of my all time fave snacks. Great recipe 🙂
I know right Medha? You will really enjoy this granola and it’s so easy to make!
Danae @ Recipe Runner says
I was just having one of those chocolate for breakfast kind of days today. I need to make this yummy granola for the next time one of those cravings hits!
I hope you enjoy Danae!
Des @ Life's Ambrosia says
Yes! Now I have an excuse to eat chocolate in the morning!
As if we really need one right? 🙂
Emily @ Life on Food says
Chocolate for breakfast sounds good to me. This granola looks delicious!
Thank you Emily, it’s delicious!
Mariana @The Candid Kitchen says
I will admit here that I used to chop dark chocolate and sprinkle it on my ”health” cereal for breakfast. I just love the texture of chocolate against cold milk. This sounds perfect for my breakfast!
thank you Mariana
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
This granola sounds and looks amazing! Can’t wait to give it a try 😉
Thanks Megan, I think you’re going to love it