This sweet, crunchy Cherry Vanilla Granola has oats, pecans, dried cherries and chia seeds to power you through the morning.
I love to make my own granola, so much so that it kind of makes me cringe when I realize that I’ve run out and don’t have time to make more. For the days when nothing else sounds good for breakfast I will turn to my trusty 5-minute granola recipe and when get really desperate, I will go to the grocery store. Store bought granola always leaves me a little dissatisfied, even the really good kind, because it’s never exactly what I’m craving. That is what makes this Cherry Vanilla Granola the perfect breakfast for me.
I will pretty much eat it all day long, no joke! Granola in almond milk for breakfast, granola sprinkled over a bit of Greek yogurt as an afternoon snack, a handful of granola mixed with a few mini chocolate chips to satisfy any late night hunger. (Hi, I’m Emily and I’m a granola addict!) Tired of hearing me talk about granola? Then mix yourself up a batch soon and next time a craving strikes you’ll be so glad you did. Enjoy and happy baking!
Cherry Vanilla Pecan Granola
Yield 5 cups
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1/2 c dried cherries
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a large rimmed baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste.
- Add the oats, chopped pecans, cinnamon and salt; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until desired toast is reached; stir the mixture around every 15 minutes or so to ensure an even toast.
- Remove carefully and let cool on the pan completely.
- Add the dried cherries and stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container.
Courses breakfast, granola