Cherry Vanilla Pecan Granola
Yield 5 cups
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1/2 c dried cherries
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a large rimmed baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment.
- In a large bowl whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste.
- Add the oats, chopped pecans, cinnamon and salt; toss to coat evenly.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, until desired toast is reached; stir the mixture around every 15 minutes or so to ensure an even toast.
- Remove carefully and let cool on the pan completely.
- Add the dried cherries and stir to combine.
- Store in an airtight container.
Courses breakfast, granola
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/09/cherry-vanilla-granola.html