Easy, no-churn Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream is bursting with roasted strawberry flavors and chunks of delicious pound cake.
A few weeks ago I shared this strawberry shortcake ice cream over at This Gal Cooks and today I am excited to share it with you! After the crazy busy week I have had, I could sure go for a few scoops.
I love a good scoop of chocolate ice cream pretty much anytime of the year, but in the hot summer months I am partial to something a little more fruity. This strawberry shortcake ice cream is smooth and creamy, with bits of pound cake and a delicious roasted strawberry swirl. It makes a perfect dessert for the hot summer days that lie ahead and the best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make – it’s no cook and to top it all off you don’t need an ice cream maker!
As luck would have it a few months ago I made a double batch of my favorite pound cake and stashed a couple of slices away in my freezer. I knew then that I wanted to make a strawberry shortcake ice cream soon. I absolutely loved the different textures and flavors packed into each bite of this ice cream and so did everyone who tried it. I hope you will too, enjoy and happy ice cream making!
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ lb strawberries, washed, hulled & sliced
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 c diced pound cake
- Preheat your oven to 350º and place the strawberries in a baking dish and sprinkle with sugar and stir to coat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from the oven and mash with a fork, set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form, slowly add the sweetened and condensed milk and stir to combine.
- Spread ⅓ of the strawberry mixture over the bottom of a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Add ⅓ of the pound cake and top with ½ of the cream mixture.
- Repeat the layers: strawberries, pound cake, cream, ending with a layer of strawberries and cake.
- Cover the pan with a sheet of plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Let the pan sit 5-10 minutes to thaw slightly and serve.
You can use store bought pound cake, but this Half Pound Cake I mentioned above really is amazing!