I’m back! I decided to take an extended vacation over the weekend and spend time with family, relax and take a little break from blogging. We had a fun weekend filled with swimming, family time, shopping and rest.
Now that summer is officially upon us, at least here in Florida, I tend to make a lot more fruit filled foods and desserts. The only problem is my family isn’t as ga ga over fruit sweets as I am. This Single Serving Mixed Berry Cobbler has a lightly, sweet whole wheat cobbler topping over fresh berries and makes the perfect dessert for one!
Topped with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, this single serving mixed berry cobbler is a delicious blend of blueberries and strawberries with a whole wheat cobbler topping and makes a perfect summer dessert. However you choose to top it off, enjoy and happy baking!
- ½ c blueberries
- ¼ c strawberries, diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbs flour
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- dash cinnamon
- 1 Tbs milk
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and prepare a 6 oz ramekin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the blueberries, strawberries and 1 tsp sugar.
- Place the sugared berries into the ramekin.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture and stir until it just comes together.
- Spread the dough mixture over the berries and sprinkle with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
If you love mixed berry treats don’t miss out on this Mixed Berry Galette
and make sure you try these Very Berry Muffins