Thank you Blue Diamond Almonds for sponsoring this post.
Rich chocolate custard atop a sweet and salty almond cracker crust, these Gluten Free Chocolate Mini Pies make a delicious dessert everyone will love!
The box doesn’t lie, these crackers are irresistible! Plus Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins are wheat and gluten-free, so if you have a dietary restriction or just plain love almonds like I do, you will really enjoy them. I liked them so much that I ate them plain, with a little chocolate peanut butter and my all time favorite… dipped in salsa.
But lets get back to the chocolate pie, shall we? Whether you’re GF or not, you’re going to want one of these delicious little gluten free chocolate mini pies. Rich chocolate custard sits atop a sweet and salty gluten free almond cracker crust, making these pies a delicious dessert everyone will love.
Of course the only thing better than chocolate pie is chocolate pie with a little whipped cream and a bit of extra chocolate shavings on top. I mean am I wrong?
Whether or not you are usually gluten free in your diet, I hope that you will try these mini pies, enjoy and happy baking!
- 1 c finely crushed Blue Diamond Almond Thins
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 4 Tbs butter, melted
- ¼ c + 2 Tbs heavy cream
- ¼ c milk
- 6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- ¼ tsp chocolate extract
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 325º F and prepare a 12 c muffin tin with foil cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the finely crushed Blue Diamond Almond Thins, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Press 1 Tbs of the mixture firmly into each cupcake liner (I used a glass to do so).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until just golden.
- To a medium saucepan add the heavy cream, milk and dark chocolate, cook over medium/low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate extract, vanilla extract, egg and salt.
- Divide the chocolate mixture between the 12 liners (about 2 Tbs per liner).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the chocolate layer is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill, serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate on top.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Nut Thins, all images, opinions and recipes are my own.