Delicious, miniature Dark Chocolate Donuts are baked not fried and are a sweet way to start your day.
When I found out that my SRC website this month was Adventures In All Things Food I was excited to go check out the archives and select something to make. After a quick browse of the categories, of course I decided to choose something sweet and as luck would have it there was a recipe for baked donuts. Oddly enough I just so happened to have borrowed my mother in laws donut pans last week!
I think maybe it was fate, because in my donut recipe searching I hadn’t really come across on that interested me, but when I saw these baked chocolate doughnuts with peanut butter icing, I knew I had to make some. I couldn’t decide what kind of topping I wanted, so I tried several. I melted a little chocolate with some milk and dipped some and sprinkled on a few sprinkles, others I sprinkled with shredded coconut. I even coated some in powdered sugar and I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we did, happy baking!
Dark Chocolate Donuts
Recipe type: breakfast, dessert
Serves: 2-2½ dozen mini donuts
- ¾ c cake flour
- ⅓ c super fine sugar
- ¼ c Dark Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ c milk
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 egg, large
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325º and prepare your donut pans with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the milk, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place the batter in a zip top bag and snip off one end, pipe the batter into the pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, coat with melted chocolate, sprinkles, powdered sugar or other desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Peanut Butter Donuts by Adventures In All Things Food
Interested in learning more about the Secret Recipe Club? Click Here