Do you ever have one of “those” mornings, you wake up and there is nothing to eat, or at least nothing you want to eat? I do. ALL. THE. TIME. Those kind of mornings call for a quick solution and what better way to start the day than with this 5 Minute Chocolate Lovers Granola.
I make and eat a lot of granola, almost every week I bake up a batch, which typically takes about 35-40 minutes from start to finish. But some times I run out and just don’t have the time to spend mixing up a whole weeks worth of breakfast. This delicious, chocolatey granola is made in the microwave and can be enjoyed in just 5 minutes! That’s right in about 5 minutes you can enjoy a nice bowl of homemade granola filled with pecans, chocolate chips and none of those weird fillers no one can pronounce.
Nest time you wake up and can’t find anything good to eat in your fridge or pantry I hope you’ll give this 5 Minute Chocolate Lovers Granola a try, it’s my latest breakfast obsession. I like to drown my granola in almond milk, but it also makes a great topping for yogurt or layered up into a fruit parfait. However you decide to enjoy it, I hope that you have a great weekend – may it be filled with lots of fun, happy no baking!
5 Minute Chocolate Lovers Granola
Yield 1 serving
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 c old fashioned oats
- 2 Tbs chopped pecans
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- 1 Tbs miniature chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl add the coconut oil and honey and melt at high power for 30 seconds, stirring well.
- Add the oats, pecans, cocoa, vanilla and salt, stir well to coat.
- Microwave for one minute, stir the mixture and microwave for an additional 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, stirring at 30 second intervals.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with milk, yogurt or in parfaits.
Plus make sure to try these other granola recipes from It Bakes Me Happy:
Cranberry Almond Granola
Chocolate Pumpkin Granola Bars