Loaded with oats, chia seeds and lots of delicious peanut butter goodness, these no-bake Chunky Monkey Chia Bites make a great grab and go snack and they’re perfect pre or post workout too.
I love a good grab and go snack don’t you? By now you’ve probably caught on to my chia seed obsession, I just love putting them in everything! They’re the power ingredient in these super easy Chunky Monkey Chia Bites. These tasty little bites are loaded with oats, almonds, dried banana pieces and lots of delicious dark chocolate peanut butter flavor!
These chia bites are a fun snack that will help you refuel after a tough workout, because I always seem to crave something sweet after a good sweat. They make a great grab and go breakfast or if you get too lazy to roll all the mixture (like I did) you can just pour on a little milk of your choice and eat it like a cereal, it has a nice chewy texture and doesn’t get soggy. I hope you’ll enjoy them!
- ½ c dark chocolate peanut butter
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c coconut oil
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- ¼ c chopped almonds
- ¼ c crushed banana chips
- 3 Tbs chia seeds
- In a large mixing bowl add the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth and then stir in the oats, almonds, banana chips and chia seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop, scoop the mixture into balls and serve.
- Store remaining bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.