Loaded with chocolate and peanut butter flavors and lots of good for you fuel, a morning that starts with Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies is always a good morning!
Creamy peanut butter and chocolate combine with oats, flax and chia seeds in these hearty, delicious cookies made especially for breakfast. Whether last night’s game left you a winner or a loser – everybody wins when there’s chocolate cookies for breakfast!
I love any excuse to throw a little chocolate into my daily routine, who doesn’t am I right? These cookies are packed with protein and whole grains to help power you through even the toughest of mornings. Grab a couple and start your day off right, enjoy and happy baking!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ c coconut oil
- ½ c honey
- ⅓ c peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- ⅓ c dutch process cocoa powder
- ¼ c flax meal
- ¼ c chia seeds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the banana, coconut oil, honey, peanut butter and vanilla, mix well.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, cocoa powder, flax meal, chia seeds, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it comes together.
- Scoop into 2 Tbs rounds, press a tsp of miniature chocolate chips into the top of each cookie, flattening them slightly with damp fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, cool on the pan a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or refrigerate.
Want more cookies for breakfast try these: