A festive twist on the classic rice crispy treat, these Easter Bunny Popcorn Bars combine popcorn, bunny graham crackers and crunchy chocolate eggs to create a dessert the whole family will love.
Easter is one holiday I have always loved, especially as a child. Pretty dresses, egg hunts and of course the tradition Sunday morning Easter basket. For as long as I can remember every year I always wished for the same treat in my basket – Cadbury Creme Eggs. Me and Cadbury, we go way back, even as a kid I knew chocolate was king during Easter. You can forget those eggs filled with jelly beans or the licorice rope my sister loved, for me it was always Cadbury eggs. I don’t discriminate when it comes to Cadbury Easter candy, I love the Creme Egg and the delicious little crunchy Mini Eggs all the same!
The idea for this treat was inspired by my friend Ashton, she is kind of the popcorn queen. Nothing is easier to make than the classic rice krispie treat and I thought it would be even better when made with popcorn. Add some fun little bunny graham crackers, a little chocolate and of course some sprinkles and you’ve got a festive bar dessert the whole family will be sure to love. Not only are these Easter Bunny Popcorn Bars tasty and addicting, but they are so quick and easy to mix up. It’s definitely a recipe your kids will love to help make and eat, I hope you’ll enjoy them and have a Happy Easter!
- 1 Tbs butter
- 20 marshmallows, large size
- 4 c popcorn
- 1 c bunny-shaped graham crackers
- ¼ c Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 2 Tbs sprinkles
- Prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl melt the butter in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add the marshmallows, stirring to coat evenly and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir the mixture until smooth then add the popcorn and bunny-shaped graham crackers.
- Transfer the popcorn mixture to the baking pan and press the Cadbury eggs randomly into the surface of the bars, add sprinkles.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, slice and serve.
- Store remaining bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Craving more popcorn treats?