These individual Mini Carrot Cake Loaves are soft, individual sized cinnamon and carrot cakes topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting and make the perfect dessert to celebrate Spring with!
This month Feast & Devour Cooking Club is all about carrots, so I thought what better time than to try carrot cake. I know, I know, you can’t believe I’ve never eaten it before right? This recipe is one that my mother in law passed on to me, it was the carrot cake her mother used to make. I just love sharing recipes that are special to our family, because it means one day my kids will easily be able to find all their beloved family recipes in one place. I didn’t tweak it except to make them into individual sized cakes, because come on how adorable are little carrot cakes?!
The recipe calls also calls for the nuts mixed into the icing, but we opted to just layer them in the middle with a little extra frosting and then a nice handful on top. My sister pointed out that she’s always had carrot cake with the nuts in the cake, but she said that once she was eating the cake she couldn’t tell that it was just on top of the icing. So if you like nuts in your cake add them there or opt to mix them into your icing or toss them on top, it’s totally your call.
Since my sister is such a big carrot cake fan I decided to bake these when I knew she would be in town visiting. She loved it and let me tell as someone who has eaten a lot of different carrot cakes, I trust her opinion! I hope you will get a chance to try these soon and enjoy, happy baking!
Mini Carrot Cake Loaves
Yield 6 cakes
for the cake:
- 1 c grated carrot
- 1/3 c oil
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c pecans, chopped
for the icing:
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz butter
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a 6 well mini loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add the carrots and oil and stir to coat.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then mix in the carrots.
- Divide the batter evenly between the pan wells and bake for 18-20 mins.
- Let the cakes cool in the pan and then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Ice the cakes with the frosting and sprinkle with pecans and serve.
- Store in an air tight container and eat within 3 days.
Courses cake, dessert
Homemade Carrot Cake from Bread Booze Bacon
Carrot Cake Pancakes from White Lights on Wednesday
Blue Ribbon Carrot Sheet Cake from I Heart Eating
Paleo Maple Carrot Cupcakes from Cooking with Curls
Carrot Orzo from Home.Made.Interest.
Carrot Orange Punch from Sugar & Soul
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies from Celebrating Sweets
Maple Butter Carrots from The Two Bite Club