Deliciously addictive Halloween Candy Muddy Buddies comes together in minutes and is a great way to use up all that leftover Halloween candy you have lying around!
Halloween is in TWO days! Ah, I cannot wait, mainly because its one of my favorite holidays and also because I am super excited about the candy. It’s true, we parents really do eat our kids candy, but really I am just helping their little bodies out. Everything in moderation right? At least if you’re under 5, it’s totally acceptable for moms and dads to eat candy for breakfast.
Once the kids are off to bed Saturday night you can grab a few handfuls of your favorites from their candy bags and mix up a batch of this muddy buddies mix. I used a mixture of 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Snickers Twix and miniature M&M candies, but anything you like will work. This super easy snack comes together in about five minutes and then you are all set for a movie night in. Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
- ¼ c chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ c powdered sugar
- 1½ c Chex cereal
- ½ c candy, chopped - I used a mixture of 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Snickers Twix and miniature M&M candies
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips and butter for 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Gently stir the cereal into the melted chocolate.
- To a large zip top bag add the powdered sugar and chocolate coated cereal, seal the bag and shake to coat evenly.
- Add the chopped candy and shake to distribute.
- Spread the mixture onto a pan lined with wax paper and let cool 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy, store leftover snack mix in an airtight container for up to 2 days.