Start your morning with a batch of these fresh baked Chocolate Blueberry Banana Muffins.
No matter what time of day it is, I’ve been known to enjoy a good muffin. These Chocolate Blueberry Banana Muffins are a spin off of my favorite banana bread recipe, bursting with fresh berries and chocolate chunks. They are a breakfast or afternoon snack dream come true!
This time of year while blueberries are in abundance I find myself snacking on them throughout the day and packing them into all of my baked goods. I just love the sweet burst they add to these soft banana muffins and who doesn’t love a little chocolate added in? You might want to mix up a double batch so you’ll have a few extra to share. Enjoy and happy baking!
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- ½ c applesauce
- ⅓ c sugar
- ½ c whole wheat flour
- ½ c all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1 c blueberries
- ½ c chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line a 6 well muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl mix together the the bananas, egg, applesauce and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined, fold in the blueberries and chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the batter into the paper liners and bake for 20-23 minutes, until a tester comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Serve warm.
looking for more a few more ways to fit some blueberries into your day?
Apple Berry Pecan Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Blueberry Lemon Donuts