Whether you serve this for breakfast or dessert, your whole family is sure to love the fresh fruity flavors of this delicious Mixed Berry Galette.
Last week one morning, I was feeling like something a little more than cereal for breakfast, so I raided my fridge and freezer. Luckily had a good selection of fruit, so I decided to make a mixed berry galette. Waiting for something to bake is always the hardest part for me when it comes to be in the kitchen, don’t you agree? This sweet little pastry is bursting with fresh fruity flavors and makes a great breakfast or dessert. I loved it so much I actually baked a second one over the weekend. I could eat the whole thing myself if I’m being honest with you, that’s how good this galette turned out. I hope you’ll enjoy – happy baking!
Mixed Berry Galette
Yield 4 servings
for the crust:
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1-2 Tbs ice water
for the filling:
- 1/4 c blueberries
- 1/4 c strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 c raspberries
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 425º and line a baking pan with parchment, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the ice water and using a fork stir until the dough starts to come together.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill while you mix the filling.
- In a small bowl add the berries, sugar, vanilla, corn starch and lemon juice and stir gently to combine.
- Roll the dough out into a circle about 1/4" thick and place in the lined pan.
- Spread the berry mixture over the middle of the dough and fold the edge of the dough up over the filling about 1/2".
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar and bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges are golden and the filling is bubbly.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Courses pie, pastry, dessert