Celebrate the flavors of summer with this sweet and tart, fresh Blueberry Kiwi Crisp,it’s a fun change from the traditional apple crisp!
Lately I have been slowing working on overhauling my recipe archive. I’m a visual person, as I suspect most people are when it comes to food, thank you Pinterest! and I thought a new and improved visual index would be the best solution. In my late night working I often come across recipes that I have shared in the past that need better photography. Because lets be honest, anyone who blogs about food knows that learning to photograph it is just that, a learning experience.
With that said, I first shared this recipe a couple of years ago and thought it was time to make it over…
See what I mean? Not so pretty! But I’m a big girl and I can admit that I have an ugly photography past here on It Bakes Me Happy and you know what? I’m ok with it too, it shows growth right?
Shamefully bad photos aside, this crisp is delicious. The tangy flavors of the kiwi mixed with the sweetness of fresh blueberries is a fun change from the traditional apple crisp. Heck, serve it with a scoop of Greek yogurt and call it breakfast! I like mine sans added toppings warm from the oven, but a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream would be divine. However you decide to try it, I hope you will it enjoy it too; happy baking!
Blueberry Kiwi Crisp
Yield 1 serving
- 1/3 c blueberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbs oats
- 1 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare an 6oz. ramekin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the blueberries and kiwi, toss with corn starch and granulated sugar, then add to the ramekin.
- In a separate bowl stir together the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and coconut oil, stirring until the mixture is crumbly.
- Top the fruit with the oat mixture and bake for 15-18 minutes, let cool 5 minutes and serve warm.