Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles are a delicious peanut butter spin on the classic chocolate crackle cookie; soft chocolate cookies filled with peanut butter cups and rolled in crushed peanuts and powdered sugar.
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of those classic flavor combos that almost everyone seems to love. Especially in my house, my husband is a Reese’s Cup addict, we pretty much always have some form of them in our house and usually in the fridge. When I decided to make these cookies I knew I wanted to play on the classic flavors of chocolate and peanut butter, but it wasn’t until I was getting ready to scoop the dough that I decided chopped peanut butter cups were a must.
Friday afternoon I did something that I haven’t done in a couple of years, I spent the next 36 hours alone doing whatever I wanted. I shopped, dined out on Thai food and spent the night in a hotel and then Saturday morning I spent the day in Winter Park at the gorgeous Full Sail University attending the Florida Blog Convention. Of course the baking obsessed chocoholic in me insisted on baking a batch of these delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles Friday morning before I left town.
Let me just say, showing up at a blogging conference with cookies is always a good idea, particularly when you don’t really know anyone at said conference. Making new friends is a cinch when you’ve got fresh cookies on hand, I mean who doesn’t love cookies? After a fun day of learning and networking I enjoyed the last cookie on my drive home.
I love the contrast of the soft chocolate cookie, with the crunchy chopped peanut coating. Next time you’re craving a dose of chocolate and peanut butter in your day I highly recommend these. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as my family, friends and I have – happy baking!
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1½ Tbs butter
- ½ tsp Peanut Butter flavoring
- ½ c toasted almonds
- ¼ c all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 egg, large
- 3 Tbs sugar
- ⅓ c Reese's minis, chopped
- ½ c peanuts, finely chopped
- ¼ c powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- In a glass mixing bowl melt the semisweet chocolate and butter in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring until smooth.
- In your food processor pulse the almonds until finely chopped.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and pulse to mix well.
- Add the peanut butter flavoring, egg and 3 Tbs of sugar to the chocolate mixture.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until it just comes together.
- Fold the chopped peanut butter cups into the dough and cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325º F and line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- Scoop 1" balls of dough and roll them in the chopped peanuts and then the powdered sugar mixture.
- Place the balls of dough on the baking sheets 2" apart and bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pans half way through.
- Cool on the pan 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve warm or store cooled cookies in an air tight container for up to 3 days.