Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles
Yield 1 1/2 dozen cookies
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp Peanut Butter flavoring
- 1/2 c toasted almonds
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 egg, large
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1/3 c Reese's minis, chopped
- 1/2 c peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- In a glass mixing bowl melt the semisweet chocolate and butter in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring until smooth.
- In your food processor pulse the almonds until finely chopped.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and pulse to mix well.
- Add the peanut butter flavoring, egg and 3 Tbs of sugar to the chocolate mixture.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and stir until it just comes together.
- Fold the chopped peanut butter cups into the dough and cover, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 325º F and line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- Scoop 1" balls of dough and roll them in the chopped peanuts and then the powdered sugar mixture.
- Place the balls of dough on the baking sheets 2" apart and bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pans half way through.
- Cool on the pan 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve warm or store cooled cookies in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
recipe adapted from Chocolate Crack Cookies by David Lebovitz in Ready For Dessert My Best Recipes
Courses cookie, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/09/chocolate-peanut-butter-crackles.html