Nothing says summer better than Blackberry Peach Cobbler – now is the time try this a fruity, delicious dessert!
This month my assigned blog in the Secret Recipe Club was Flavors by Four. When I first started reading through Susan and Nicole’s recipe archive I was determined to make something savory, which as you may or may not know, I usually tend to go for the sweets.
After a while I finally decided that we really needed to try these Sprinkle Cookie Cups instead. My hubby is a big sugar cookie fan and he also really loves white chocolate, so I made them with a white chocolate ganache; which sadly never fully set! We ended up eating them with a spoon and calling it a delicious disaster, sometimes I curse my ambitious desires to adapt recipes.
So I went back to the recipe archive yet again and decided on making the Peach Blackberry Cobbler especially for myself. We went by a little Farmer’s Market the other day were they just happened to be selling freshly-picked, local Florida peaches; so I bought a pound, picked up a bag of frozen blackberries and started on recipe #2.
I made a few alterations, you know I can’t resist and crossed my fingers that it would in fact be a success. I have to admit, I am so glad that the white chocolate ganache ended up a flop, because I really loved this cobbler! The flavors of the sweet peaches and tangy blackberries was really brightened up by the lemon zest and the cobbler topping was one of the best I have ever tried.
I think I need another trip to the market to stock up on peaches, I can easily see this becoming the summer of cobbler at our house. I hope you’ll enjoy this Blackberry Peach Cobbler as much as I did, happy baking!
- 1 c peach slices
- ¼ c blackberries
- ½ tsp flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ c flour
- 1 Tbs sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- dash baking soda
- dash salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tsp butter, diced
- 2 Tbs Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and prepare a small baking pan/dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a bowl toss the peaches and blackberries with the ½ tsp flour.
- Arrange the fruit in the baking pan and drizzle with lemon juice and honey.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter, until it is a crumbly/sandy mixture.
- In a small bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt and heavy cream.
- Add the cream mixture to the flour mixture and stir until it comes together.
- Arrange the dough over the fruit and bake for 25-28 minutes.
Interested in finding out more about the Secret Recipe Club? Click here for all the details, plus check out all the delicious recipes Group B is sharing today!