Enjoy the classic cookie in breakfast form with these Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes, loaded with oats, chocolate chips and pecans.
Happy November Secret Recipe Club Reveal Day! Now that the weather is finally feeling like Fall here, that means I get a little more excited to cook – cooler weather means a cooler kitchen. This month I was assigned Danielle’s blog Mostly Food and Crafts. While I like a good craft here or there, translation: I love pinning them and planning to make them, but never seem to get around to it that often. For me the fun of browsing Danielle’s site was all about the recipes, and she has a ton of recipes to choose from. I almost tried her dessert called Rockstars, but in the end I decided to make some Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes.
I love oatmeal, my kids love oatmeal, so I knew these pancakes would be a big hit. I made just a few minor tweaks to fit our tastes and they were a success. Go ahead and make some for yourself; load them up with your favorite toppings, dig in and enjoy!
Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes
Yield 12 pancakes
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped
- 3/4 c Greek yogurt
- 3/4 c milk
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c butter, melted
- chopped pecans
- semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup or honey, for drizzling - optional
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until it just comes together.
- Add chopped pecans, chocolate chips or any other extras you like in your pancakes, we chose to just use them as toppings.
- Heat a griddle to 350º F and pour the batter into medium sized circles, cook on each side for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm topped with chopped pecans, chocolate chips or your favorite oatmeal cookie additions.
Want to learn more about the Secret Recipe Club? Click here for all the details and to join.