Good morning and happy Spring! How is the weather treating you where you live? This week it has been all over the place, one day it’s sunny, the next it rains all day, then it’s chilly and yesterday was a perfect sunny 70 degree start to the season. The Spring and Summer months always have me craving fruit and what better way to start the day than with these quick and easy Sweet Strawberry Pancakes.
A couple of weeks ago while some of our family was in town visiting we went on a little outing to a local strawberry farm and picked our own berries. I have been every year the last few years with my daughter, but this year was really the first time she was excited about it. The reason behind her enthusiasm is simple; there is an episode of a children’s TV show Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood where Daniel and his family go to the enchanted garden to pick strawberries. After they return home they make strawberry pancakes for breakfast, so naturally after our visit to the farm we just had to make a batch of strawberry pancakes.
With our pancakes all ready, we sat together and watched said episode of Daniel Tiger while we ate. She is still talking about our little outing – and the pancakes. Quick, easy and delicious, these Sweet Strawberry Pancakes are sure to be hit no matter what time of day you choose to enjoy them!
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sugar
- ¼ c Greek yogurt
- ½ c water
- 1 egg
- ½ c sliced strawberries
- 1 Tbs cinnamon sugar
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until it just comes together, fold in the strawberries.
- Pour ¼ of the batter into a prepared skillet over medium heat, sprinkle on ¼ of the cinnamon sugar.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin to form, flip and finish cooking until golden.
- Serve immediately, garnish with strawberry puree or syrup.