Fudgy Peanut Pretzel Bars are a delicious blend of sweet and salty; filled with chocolate, marshmallows, peanuts and pretzels.
Lately I can’t same to stop craving chocolate, no matter how hard I try! The other day I was really wanting a nice chocolatey brownie, but it has been so hot here the last couple of weeks and the thought of baking in the afternoon just wasn’t something that had me excited. I did a quick look through our pantry and decided to experiment something new. I love when things work out, I’ll admit, more than once I have done one of these “test” and it just didn’t come together.
Slice them in bars, cut them into squares, how you choose to serve them you are going to love these chewy, crunchy Fudgy Peanut Pretzel Bars. How do you plan on staying cool this summer? We will be spending a lot of time in the pool for sure. Until next week, I hope you’ll enjoy!
Fudgy Peanut Pretzel Bars
Yield 9 -12 bars, depending on size
- 1 1/2 c miniature marshmallows
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 c chocolate chunks
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c pretzels
- 1 c crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 c salted peanuts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the marshmallows and butter for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and microwave an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add the pretzels, rice cereal and peanuts, stir until evenly coated.
- Press the mixture into the baking pan and sprinkle on the sea salt.
- Let cool to room temperature, slice and serve.
Courses bar, dessert, no-bake