Made lighter with Greek yogurt this sweet and delicious Curried Chicken Salad is loaded with golden raisins and pecans and makes a perfect sandwich on a croissant, over lettuce or in a wrap.
Before I had my daughter I used to work in downtown Jacksonville, Riverside to be exact. Probably the thing I miss most about that job was the great restaurants near by. One restaurant in particular, called Judson’s, served the most amazing curried chicken salad sandwich I have ever eaten!
Oh how I miss those sandwiches, so much so that I have tried many times to recreate it and usually without much success. This past week however I finally was able to create a recipe that came pretty close and as you can imagine I was super excited! If you love chicken salad and curry, then I highly recommend giving this recipe a try – it’s fresh, sweet and super delicious. Whether on a croissant, over lettuce or in a wrap I hope you’ll enjoy.
Curried Chicken Salad
Yield 1 1/2 to 2 c
- 1 chicken breast, large - cooked & shredded
- 1 egg, large - hard boiled & chopped
- 3 Tbs greek yogurt
- 2 Tbs golden raisins
- 1 Tbs pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder, yellow
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the first 7 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the salt and pepper according to your desire, cover the bowl and chill.
- Serve cold as a sandwich, salad topping or with crackers, enjoy.
Courses salad, main