Dairy-Free Black Cherry Streusel Muffins are a delicious way to start your morning.
Recently the good folks at Silk were kind of enough to send me two flavors of their new dairy-free yogurt alternative to try and I loved them! I made one of my favorite smoothie recipes with the Tropical Pineapple flavor and today’s muffin recipe with the Black Cherry flavor. Have you had a chance to try the Silk Dairy-Free yogurt alternative? It has 6 grams of soy protein per serving, with no cholesterol and it’s made from REAL fruit. Silk Dairy-Free yogurt alternative is also a great source of calcium and vitamin D. Plus it’s super smooth and creamy, so you won’t even believe it’s dairy free!
Now let’s talk muffins. They are one of my all time favorite breakfast foods and make a quick grab and go afternoon snack, so what’s not to love? I bake muffins all the time, my kids love them and it makes the morning rush a lot less hectic. These Black Cherry muffins are topped with a tasty streusel that makes them completely irresistible. No lie… I ate three the day they were baked, even my toddler loved them.
If you haven’t had a chance to try the new Silk dairy-free yogurt alternative you’re going to love it, you can find out more about Silk products and sign up for their newsletter here. Soft fluffy muffins studded with bits of cherries and topped with a delicious streusel, I just know you are going to enjoy these muffins, happy baking!
- 1 Tbs flax meal
- 3 Tbs water
- 1 c flour
- 3 Tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 container Black Cherry Silk Dairy-Free yogurt alternative
- 2 Tbs applesauce
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ c black cherries, chopped (I used frozen)
- 3 Tbs flour
- 3 Tbs coconut sugar
- 3 Tbs old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ Tbs coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line a muffin pan with 10 paper liners.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flax meal and water, set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Black Cherry Silk Dairy-Free yogurt alternative, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla extract and flax meal mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until it just comes together, fold in the cherries.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, coconut sugar, old fashioned oats, cinnamon and coconut oil, stir until crumbly.
- Divide the muffin batter among the paper liners and top with streusel.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a tester comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 3 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve, store remaining muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Looking for more recipes using Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative?
Check out the Silk Pinterest Board