Roasted Chicken with Vegetables
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 1 4-5 lb whole chicken
- 3 sweet potatoes, medium sized
- 5 carrots, medium sized
- 3 zucchini, medium sized
- 1/2 onion, small
- 1/3 c water
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375º and coat a 10" cast iron skillet with 1 Tbs cooking oil.
- Peel and slice the vegetables into uniform sized pieces, to ensure even cooking.
- Arrange the vegetables evenly over the bottom of the skillet and add the water.
- Remove the chicken from its wrapping and pat dry with paper towels, place it on top of the vegetables.
- Spread 1 tbs of cooking oil over the top of the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown on top, the internal temperature of the chicken should be 170º.
- Carefully remove from the oven and cool 10-15 minutes, slice the chicken and serve.
Courses main dish