Cinnamon Sugar Root Beer Bread
Yield 1 loaf or 8 mini loaves
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs honey
- 12 oz root beer, I used A & W
- 2 Tbs butter, cubed
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare a large loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Next add the root beer and honey, mixing with a wooden spoon until just moistened, over mixing will result in a tougher, denser loaf.
- Add 1 Tbs of the butter to the bottom of the pan, pour in the dough and top with the other 1 Tbs of butter.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar and bake for 50-55 minutes until a tester comes out clean and the bread is golden brown.
- Remove carefully from the oven, cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
- *If making mini loafs, divide the butter up among the wells of the pan and bake for 23-25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Honey Beer Bread by Ali Ebright
Courses bread, cinnamon
Interested in GYCO? Check out the rest of the entries here