Apple Cinnamon Danish Braid
Yield 6 -8 servings
for the braid:
- 6 oz of low fat cream cheese
- 1 egg - separated
- 3 tbsp of powder sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit sliced
- 1 (11 oz) tube of bread stick dough
for the glaze:
- 1/2 cup of powder sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Preheat over to 350 degree F. In a bowl combined soft cream cheese, powder sugar and
- egg yolk. Mix until well combined.
- Remove breadstick dough from the tube, unroll it and separate the dough and you will have
- two rectangles. Join the dough up by placing both dough rectangles horizontally on a lightly
- greased baking sheet. Press the steam together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto the centre of the dough. Sprinkle the blueberry on top of
- the cream cheese. Separate the dough perforations up to the cheese mixture
- (You might need a scissors for this) Slightly pull and stretch the dough strips.
- Start from the top and bring and braid dough strip to cover the filling. Make sure to tuck
- and seal both ends of the loaf.
- Beat the egg white and brush it all over the loaf. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the loaf.
- Combined the powder sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle all over the
- cool loaf before serving.
Courses breakfast, dessert