These soft, delicious baked pears have just a hint of cinnamon and honey to make them a real breakfast treat.
Growing up my sister and I spent a lot of time out in the field next to our home climbing trees and eating sand pears. I have many a fond memory of those days, so you can imagine how excited I was when I moved off to college and had a sand pear tree right outside my bedroom window.
A few weeks ago when I signed up for GYCO Pears, I was a little intimidated, I haven’t eaten a pear in years! I honestly forgot that I had signed up, only to remember over the weekend, panic and rush out to find some pears. I came across these lovely little delicate Forelle pears at my local Publix. I fell asleep last night trying to decide what to make and this morning it hit me to bake them and enjoy them for breakfast. Soft, delicious bites of fruit with a hint of cinnamon and honey make this a real breakfast treat; served warm with a scoop of ice cream for dessert would be a great way to indulge. Enjoy and happy baking!
Baked Pears - GYCO
Recipe type: breakfast, fruit
Serves: 1 serving
- 1 pear, cut in half and cored
- 1 Tbs oats, I used old fashioned
- 1 Tbs of honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Line a small baking pan with foil and preheat your oven to 375º.
- Wash, slice and core the pear, place cut side up in baking pan and brush with lemon juice. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the pear and place ⅛ tsp of coconut oil in each half.
- In a small bowl combine the oats, remaining coconut oil and salt; cover the tops of the pears with the mixture and drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, remove carefully from the oven, cool 5 minutes and serve warm.