This Blackberry Cherry Galette combines the sweetness of blackberries and the tartness of cherries together in a lime infused crust that makes this rustic tart a perfect breakfast or dessert!
I shared this little beauty last month over at White Lights on Wednesday – did you know I’m a monthly contributor on Julie’s site? Every month I get to share my latest breakfast or dessert obsession with her readers and then bring it on home to share with you all too.
I love making galettes, or crostatas… whatever you want to call it. I LOVE THEM! For one they are easy, you can make them sweet or savory, there’s really no wrong way to eat them – plus they are super tasty and look like they take more skill than they require. Now that I’ve convinced you of the awesomeness of this amazing pastry, it’s time to explain why you need one of these in your life today. Blackberries, cherries and a lime infused crust that is ready to devour in less than an hour. Yeah I want to go make another one right now.
Serve it warm with a bit of Greek yogurt and honey to start your day or top it with a nice scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to finish off your dinner. However you decide to try it, I just know that you’re going to love this Blackberry Cherry Galette; enjoy and happy baking!
- ½ c all purpose flour
- ¼ c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- zest of one lime
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs ice water
- ¾ c blackberries
- ¾ c cherries
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 425º and line a baking pan with parchment, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the lime juice and ice water, using a fork stir until the dough starts to come together.
- Shape the dough into a round and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you mix the filling.
- In a small bowl add the blackberries, cherries, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, corn starch and lime juice; stir gently to combine.
- Roll the dough out into a circle about ¼? thick and place on the parchment lined pan.
- Spread the berry mixture over the middle of the dough and fold the edge of the dough up over the filling about ½?.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar and bake for 20-23 minutes until the edges are golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.