Back in August when we took our family vacation it was too early to pick our own apples unfortunately. But luckily apple season is in full force now, so I have been enjoying the ones from my local grocery store. Fall time always conjures thoughts of cinnamon, pumpkin and apple treats for me.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy an apple is in a crisp. I made these individual crisps last night for dessert an they were a huge hit. I especially love that aside from the ramekins these are baked in it only takes one bowl to whip together this dessert. Serve these warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and get ready to smile. Crunchy oats top this lightly, sweet cinnamon and apple blend. Enjoy and happy baking!
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ c old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 375º and prepare two 5 oz ramekins with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl toss the diced apple, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Divide the apples between the two ramekins and set aside.
- Stir together the oats, brown sugar and coconut oil, sprinkle the mixture over the apples and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool 5-7 minutes, serve warm.