Serve up this Classic Macaroni Salad this Father’s Day or at your next backyard BBQ for a quick, simple side dish.
Father’s Day is Sunday – as in two days away! and I am still scrambling to make sure that it is going to be an enjoyable day for my husband. The good news is that there is one thing I am not worried about and that’s what food to serve. Grilling is pretty much the go to way to celebrate dad and this classic macaroni salad is the perfect addition to your BBQ spread.
You can throw together a batch of this quick pasta salad in a snap using simple ingredients you probably already have all on hand. Tangy with just a hint of sweetness, this macaroni salad is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. I hope you all have a very Happy Father’s Day and enjoy!
Classic Macaroni Salad
Yield 8 -10 servings
- 1/2 lb macaroni, cooked according to box
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 4 small dill Gherkin pickles, diced
- 1/3 c Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 Tbs pickle relish
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 Tbs pickle juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix the macaroni, eggs, pickles, onion and relish.
- In a small bowl mix the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, sugar, garlic powder and salt & pepper.
- Add the wet ingredients to the macaroni mixture and toss to coat.
- Store the macaroni salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 hour, serve chilled.
Courses salad, side dish
More pasta salad recipes you’ll love: