This light and tasty Chickpea Pasta Salad combines chickpeas, pasta, green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions; it makes a great side dish to any meal!
Memorial Day is coming is less than a week away, so today I am sharing a super easy salad recipe that is healthy, delicious. You can mix it up in less than 15 minutes and it makes a great addition to your summer or barbecue plans.
Since the weather has officially entered the HOT temperature category here in Florida, I thought it was the perfect time to share a nice pasta salad you can have as a light lunch or serve along side your next grilled dinner. The great thing about this salad is that since it has a light vinaigrette dressing it won’t be a scary addition to your outdoor dining menu like some creamy based salads can be. There is nothing worse than worrying about whether something has sat out too long at a barbecue.
Whether you make this for Memorial Day next week or as a side dish to tonight’s dinner, I hope you’ll enjoy!
- 16 oz sea shell pasta, cooked according to box directions
- One 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ½ cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup green pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce packet of Italian dressing mix
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and Italian dressing mix.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the pasta salad and toss well to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then serve.
- Store remaining salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Looking for even more pasta salad inspiration? Try one of these recipes: