Chickpea Pasta Salad
Yield 10 -12 servings
This light and tasty Chickpea Pasta Salad combines chickpeas, pasta, green peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and onions, it makes a great side dish to any meal!
- 16 oz sea shell pasta, cooked according to box directions
- One 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce packet of Italian dressing mix
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, chickpeas, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar and Italian dressing mix.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the pasta salad and toss well to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and then serve.
- Store remaining salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/05/chickpea-pasta-salad.html