Rich, gooey chocolate brownies meet chocolate chip cookies in these decadent Brookie Bars.
Surprise! Today I’ve teamed up with a great group of ladies to shower our friend Ashton with tons of yummy recipes in honor of her soon to be baby boy. As you may already know I am a regular recipe contributor over on Something Swanky, where each month I get a chance to share my latest bar dessert obsession. Tuesday I posted these Fudgy No Bake Bars and today I am sharing these irresistibly tasty Brookie Bars.
It’s a brownie, it’s a cookie bar, no it’s something better… a brookie! Now you can enjoy the best of both dessert worlds with these delicious, decadent Brookie Bars. They start out with a rich chocolate brownie layer and then you add a bit of your favorite cookie dough (the key is small amounts of cookie dough evenly placed throughout) to get evenly baked beautiful dessert bars. So next time you can’t decide between a brownie and a cookie, don’t!
Please join me in wishing Ashton a fantastic rest of her pregnancy and a healthy baby boy. I hope you’ll enjoy these dessert bars, happy baking!
Yield 6 bars
for the brownie layer:
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs of cookie dough
- Line a 5"x7" baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 325º F.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl melt the butter and chocolate chips for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder, mixing until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, salt and vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in the flour until it just comes together.
- Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan.
- Drop the cookie dough by 1/4 tsp sized balls into the brownie batter, leaving a little space between each drop of dough.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean in the brownie layer.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes, remover from the pan and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Courses dessert, brownie, bar
Check out the other recipes served at Ashton’s virtual shower today!
Krispy Kreme Pie by Wine and Glue
How to Make Lemon Mini Cupcakes by Call Me PMC
Brown Sugar Butterscotch Bundt Cake by Layers of Happiness
Double Chocolate Cups by Diary of a Recipe Collector
Strawberries and Cream Skillet Cobbler by Taste and Tell
Paleo Blueberry Coconut Cupcakes by Food Faith Fitness
Blueberry Coconut Protein Pops by Capturing Joy
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Dip by Crazy for Crust
Creamy Lemon Angel Cake Roll by Yummy Healthy Easy
Blueberry Granola Gratin by Buns in My Oven
Strawberry & Cream Profiteroles by Lemons for Lulu
Dirt Cake by In Katrina’s Kitchen
Mini Pineapple Upside Down Trifles by Life, Love, and Sugar
S’mores Frappuccino Cupcakes by Inside BruCrew Life
Butterfinger Cupcakes by Six Sisters’ Stuff
Carrot Cake Cupcakes by Beyond Frosting
Blueberry Pie Cheeseball by Mom On Timeout
No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Mousse by Heather’s French Press
Blueberry Cream Cheese Cookies with a Lemon Glaze by The Recipe Critic
Lemon Berry Pastries by I Wash You Dry
Lemon Berry Fruit Kabobs by Crumbs and Chaos