Yield 6 bars
for the brownie layer:
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs of cookie dough
- Line a 5"x7" baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray and preheat your oven to 325º F.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl melt the butter and chocolate chips for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder, mixing until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, salt and vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in the flour until it just comes together.
- Spread the batter evenly into the baking pan.
- Drop the cookie dough by 1/4 tsp sized balls into the brownie batter, leaving a little space between each drop of dough.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean in the brownie layer.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes, remover from the pan and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Courses dessert, brownie, bar
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/05/brookie-bars.html