When I first received my Secret Recipe Club assignment this month, Searching For Spice I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to make and then I changed my mind about 4 times. At first I was going to make truffles, then I decided on flatbread and finally I chose something quick and made with chocolate. How could I go wrong with this vegan chocolate cake? The answer is I didn’t!
I’m the first to admit I’ve tried my fair share of microwave desserts, some are good, some are not, but they are so easy and fast I just can’t help myself from trying a new one when I find it. I made this chocolate microwave cake that Corina had adapted from Culinary Flavors, with a few adaptations of my own. I just know that you are going to love this quick, delicious vegan chocolate cake. Not only does it have double chocolate = a total win, it’s ready in just a few minutes. This is a great little cake all on its own, but it would be even more decadent served with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Enjoy and happy microwave baking!
Vegan Chocolate Cake
Recipe type: cake, dessert, vegan
Serves: 1 serving
- 2 Tbs flour
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 2 Tbs chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs flax meal
- 2 Tbs water
- 1½ Tbs almond milk
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Prepare a small bowl or 6 oz ramekin with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and chocolate chips. In a small mixing bowl add the flax meal and water and let sit a few minutes to thicken, then add the almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined; transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and microwave on high for two minutes.
- Remove carefully and let cool a couple of minutes, serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Microwave Cake by Searching for Spice