Chewy, crunchy, rich Dark Chocolate Granola Bark makes a delicious afternoon snack or late night craving cure!
A few weeks ago my son and I were doing our weekly Target shopping and I spotted something I had never seen before – Granola Bark. A few questions immediately came to mind: Where had this amazing treat been all my life? Why hadn’t I thought of that? Should I try it?
You may or may not already know, but I am kind of a granola making fan. I go through phases of making batches and batches of it and then not eating it at all for months. I love it! But sometimes I get too busy and can’t find the time or muster the energy to make my own.
Until I discovered granola bark, chocolate covered granola… yes please! Just in case you’re wondering, I made two batches in 3 days if that is any indication of how much I love this stuff. Of course if you don’t have time to make your own granola you could just melt up some dark chocolate and coconut oil, stir in your favorite store bought granola and viola. I will say though, having the option to fully customize your granola flavor is definitely the way to go. If you love granola as much as I do then you owe it to yourself to make a batch of this addictively delicious Dark Chocolate Granola Bark soon, enjoy and happy baking!
Dark Chocolate Granola Bark
Yield 6 servings
- 1 c oats
- 1/4 c almonds, chopped
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c shredded coconut
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c good quality dark chocolate
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 325º F.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, almonds, pecans, shredded coconut, dried cranberries and chia seeds.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine the coconut oil and honey and heat for 30 seconds to melt.
- Whisk in the salt and vanilla.
- Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir well to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a 1/4 sheet pan lined with parchment or a baking mat and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool on the pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil for 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth, then stir in the granola.
- Spread the chocolate coated granola evenly onto the baking pan and place in the freezer to cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and cool an additional 15 minutes.
- Carefully slice the bark into pieces and serve.
- Store bark in the refrigerator in an airtight container, it's best when served cool.
Courses dessert, snack
Yankee Kitchen Ninja (Julianne) says
I love to make bark with granola. Kudos to you for not just buying it but making your own!
Thanks Julianne, it’s too easy to make to buy it 🙂
This would disappear so fast at my house… it looks really good.
It definitely does Marye
Mandy @Mandy's Recipe Box says
This looks so dang good! Like flat crunchy no-bake cookies. Mmm..
Exactly Mandy, I love no bake cookies too!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting says
I am loving this granola bark! Such a great idea!
Thank you Julianne
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
What a great idea! Can’t wait to try this!
Thanks Jessica, it’s delicious!
Great looking snack, I could use some right now!
Thank you Kristi, I think I need to go make some more 🙂
Our family easts massive amounts of granola! This is such a clever and delicious way to eat it up!
Thank you Tanya, I love granola too!
Jessica @ Sweet Menu says
Granola bark? Wow! Sounds and looks delish. I am always on the hunt for good granola recipes since falling in love with it when I visited the USA a few months ago. I can also eat cereal for breakfast, lunch or dinner so this bark is my perfect snack!
Thank you Jessica, it’s definitely my latest obsession!