Dark Chocolate Granola Bark
Yield 6 servings
- 1 c oats
- 1/4 c almonds, chopped
- 1/4 c pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c shredded coconut
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c good quality dark chocolate
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 325º F.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, almonds, pecans, shredded coconut, dried cranberries and chia seeds.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl combine the coconut oil and honey and heat for 30 seconds to melt.
- Whisk in the salt and vanilla.
- Pour the oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir well to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a 1/4 sheet pan lined with parchment or a baking mat and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool on the pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil for 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth, then stir in the granola.
- Spread the chocolate coated granola evenly onto the baking pan and place in the freezer to cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the refrigerator and cool an additional 15 minutes.
- Carefully slice the bark into pieces and serve.
- Store bark in the refrigerator in an airtight container, it's best when served cool.
Courses dessert, snack
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/04/dark-chocolate-granola-bark.html