You know those days or sometimes weeks when you need a little something sweet and salty? These No-Bake Monster Granola Bars are just the answer, they’re the perfect combination of sweet and salty without all the guilt of cookies!
Happy August my friends. How is your summer going so far? Ours has been great, we just returned home from an long weekend away at the beach, it was just the mini vacation we needed. Whenever I head to the beach for the day I always like to take along a few snacks and plenty of water. Summertime at the beach here in Florida typically means it’s 90+ degrees before 10am. these No-Bake Monster Granola Bars make a delicious grab and go breakfast or afternoon snack. I don’t know about you but for some reason every day about 3:30/4pm I start to crave something a little sweet. Chewy, crunchy sweet and salty these granola bars have it all.
Packed with oats, flax, chia seeds and peanut butter, with a nice sweetness from the cranberries, chocolate chips and miniature M&M’s. I could easily eat a couple of these in one sitting, which if you enjoy these granola bars in moderation, they aren’t too unhealthy for you either. Now you can enjoy the classic flavors of a Monster Cookie without all the guilt of actually eating cookies. Mix up a batch today to share with your family and friends, trust me they are just that tasty. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do – happy no baking!
No-Bake Monster Granola Bars
Yield 12 bars
recipe adapted from No Bake Energy Bites by Smashed Peas and Carrots
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 3 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c oatmeal
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/4 c flax meal
- 1/4 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 c miniature M&M's
- Line an 8"x 8" baking pan with foil.
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oatmeal, chia seeds, flax meal, dried cranberries, chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir until well mixed.
- Press the mixture into the foil lined pan and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Slice into bars and serve.
Courses breakfast, snack, no-bake