Yield 12 bars
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c shredded coconut
- 1 /2 c dried fruit bits, I used Sunmaid
- 1/4 c flaxmeal
- 2/3 c honey
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350º, line a large baking sheet with parchment and also a 9"x13" baking pan with parchment, hanging over the edges.
- Spread the oats and coconut over the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the baked oats, coconut, dried fruit and flaxmeal.
- In a sauce pan add the honey, butter, sugar and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat, cook for one minute.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and stir to combine, set aside and cool 30-45 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips and press the mixture into the 9"x13" pan, bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, cut into bars and serve.
Recipe adapted from Homemade Granola Bars by Ina Garten