These quick and easy Buttercream Bon Bons are the perfect way to enjoy your leftover frosting!
This past weekend I had the joy of baking cupcakes for a wedding open house for a family from our church, yes I am crazy enough to take on a project over a holiday weekend! I’ll be honest, it had been a while since I had undertaken a baking project that large and labor intensive, but I loved it. I started my baking a couple of days in advance and then on the day of the event I made several batches of fresh buttercream in chocolate and vanilla to frost all the cupcakes.
As luck would have it I ended up with a bit of leftover buttercream. I wanted to be able to enjoy said buttercream before it went to waste, I hate wasting food, especially desserts. It makes me sad. I have seen recipes for all sorts of ways to use up leftover buttercream, everything from brownies to cookies and even candy!
Since I was pretty exhausted after all that hard work, I decided a simple and delicious Bon Bon was the best solution. Quick, easy and decadently good you are going to love these rich chocolate Buttercream Bon Bons, I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I have!
Buttercream Bon Bons
- 1 c buttercream
- 5 oz chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Scoop the buttercream into 1 tsp sized balls and refrigerate.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Stir the coconut oil into the chocolate until smooth.
- Dip the buttercream balls into the melted chocolate using a fork and tap gently to remove excess chocolate.
- Repeat process until all the buttercream has been dipped.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set, serve and enjoy
Courses candy, dessert