This Bacon Chocolate Covered Popcorn is sweet, salty, crunchy and just so good you might not want to share it.
Friday night is movie night, the hubs and I sit down together, relax and enjoy something other than the latest episode of Curious George or Paw Patrol (you parents out there will know what I’m talking about). If not, trust me there’s nothing to be jealous of… except that if you haven’t tried bacon sprinkled over your chocolate covered popcorn you are missing out!
A few weeks ago I shared my latest movie night snack obsession over at White Lights on Wednesday during #BaconMonth, so if you love bacon Julie has you covered with tons of delicious new ways to enjoy the iconic favorite that is BACON.
Seriously you need this sweet, salty, chocolatey popcorn sprinkled with bits of tasty bacon in your life soon! I’m not going to guarantee that Bacon Chocolate Covered Popcorn will make your next movie night or game day party a raving success, but it probably will. Whenever you choose to indulge in a bowl or two – afternoon, party or late night snack, I hope you’ll enjoy it!
Bacon Chocolate Covered Popcorn
Yield 6 servings
- 6 c popcorn, popped
- ½ c semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ c crisp bacon, diced
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat and evenly distribute the popcorn over the surface.
- In a microwave over high heat melt the chocolate and coconut oil for 1 minute, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle the popcorn with the chocolate and sprinkle on the bacon.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes until the chocolate sets and serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container, will stay fresh about 1-2 days.
Courses snack, popcorn