Smooth creamy double chocolate truffle filling inside a white chocolate candy shell, these Double Chocolate Truffle Cups are the perfect way to say I love you this Valentine’s Day. #GhirardelliVday
If you need a quick last minute gift for a loved one, friend or teacher then you can’t go wrong with Ghirardelli Valentine’s Day Impressions. They come in lots of different gift sizes and two flavors, Milk & White and Milk & Dark, so there is one for every chocolate lover on your list.
Now if your looking for an impressive treat to make for your loved one(s) this Valentine’s Day? Then look no further than these super decadent double chocolate truffle cups! I love chocolate, I’m talking LOVE! My husband on the other hand is more of a vanilla fan or white chocolate if you want to call it that. So I wanted to create a special treat this Valentine’s that combines both of our favorite sweet flavors.
Let me just start by saying don’t be intimidated by candy making, these are insanely easy to make. Seriously, the hardest part is waiting for the truffle filling to set and not eating them all before you give them as gifts. I used a candy mold I purchased last year, but this candy mold is similar to the one I have or you can just as easily use foil cupcake liners instead.
The smooth, creamy double chocolate truffle filling is made using my all time favorite chocolate chip, Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips and Ghirardelli milk chocolate. If you’re going to take the time to make your own candy, then I highly suggest doing it with quality products. Ghirardelli chocolate is perfect for homemade candies with it’s smooth-melting chocolate taste, it turns out perfectly every time. If you haven’t used Ghirardelli Candy Making & Dipping Wafers yet, they couldn’t be easier to work with and they are so versatile with their smooth even melting.
Show that special someone (or yourself) how much you love them this Valentine’s Day; I hope you’ll enjoy these candies!
Double Chocolate Truffle Cups
Yield 12 cups
For the truffle filling:
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips
- 12 Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions
For the candy cups:
- 1/2 c Ghirardelli White Candy Making & Dipping Wafers
- 1 candy cup mold or 12 standard sized foil cupcake liners
- Using a small knife carefully cut out the hearts of the Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions, once separated set the hearts aside and chop the remaining milk chocolate.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the heavy cream for 1 minute, stirring after the first 30 seconds.
- Add the 60% Cacao Baking Chips and the chopped milk chocolate portion of the Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions, stir until melted and smooth; set aside to cool.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl melt the Ghirardelli White Candy Making & Dipping Wafers.
- Using a small pastry brush or clean fingers coat the candy mold/foil liners with a layer of the Ghirardelli White Candy Making & Dipping Wafers, place in the freezer for 2 minutes to set.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the truffle filling to each of the candy coated molds/liners and place in the freezer for 5-8 minutes to set.
- Cover the truffle filling with a layer of the melted white dipping wafers.
- Top each of the candy cups with one of the conversation hearts cut out of the Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions, chill in the freezer for 3-5 minutes until firm.
- Serve once the truffle cups are set or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Courses candy, Valentine
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.