Double Chocolate Truffle Cups
Yield 12 cups
For the truffle filling:
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Baking Chips
- 12 Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions
For the candy cups:
- 1/2 c Ghirardelli White Candy Making & Dipping Wafers
- 1 candy cup mold or 12 standard sized foil cupcake liners
- Using a small knife carefully cut out the hearts of the Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions, once separated set the hearts aside and chop the remaining milk chocolate.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the heavy cream for 1 minute, stirring after the first 30 seconds.
- Add the 60% Cacao Baking Chips and the chopped milk chocolate portion of the Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions, stir until melted and smooth; set aside to cool.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl melt the Ghirardelli White Candy Making & Dipping Wafers.
- Using a small pastry brush or clean fingers coat the candy mold/foil liners with a layer of the Ghirardelli White Candy Making & Dipping Wafers, place in the freezer for 2 minutes to set.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the truffle filling to each of the candy coated molds/liners and place in the freezer for 5-8 minutes to set.
- Cover the truffle filling with a layer of the melted white dipping wafers.
- Top each of the candy cups with one of the conversation hearts cut out of the Ghirardelli Valentine's Day Impressions, chill in the freezer for 3-5 minutes until firm.
- Serve once the truffle cups are set or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Courses candy, Valentine
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at http://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/02/double-chocolate-truffle-cups.html