These super easy Apple Cinnamon Turnovers are flaky pastries filled with delicious apples and cinnamon, they make a quick delicious ending to any meal.
It’s that time again! Time for the Dessert Challenge hosted by Sheryl of the Lady Behind the Curtain. I love participating in these challenges, they are fun, delicious and it takes a little of the guess work out of deciding what to post that day. Last month I just couldn’t get my act together in time to bake, so of course when I saw that the ingredients for September were “apple and cinnamon” I just knew I wanted to make something to share.
There are so many ways you can combine apples and cinnamon for amazing results. Since I had a sheet of puff pastry leftover from another recipe, I decided to make turnovers. Whether you like them for dessert with a scoop of ice cream or as a sweet start to your day, you’re going to love these super easy Apple Turnovers. These flaky pastries are filled with delicious apples and cinnamon, which gives them just the right amount of sweetness. Enjoy and happy baking!
Apple Cinnamon Turnovers
Recipe type: dessert, breakfast
Serves: 4 turnovers
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 small apple, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs coarse sugar, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a small bowl stir together the apple, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Unfold the pastry and slice into 4 squares divide the filling between the squares and fold in half, using a fork or pitching with your fingers seal the turnovers.
- Whisk together the egg and water, brush the tops of the turnovers with egg wash and sprinkle on the coarse sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes, serve warm.