These Dessert Wontons are a quick, delicious snack or a super easy dessert perfect for your next dinner party!
If you’re like me than you have probably passed the wonton wrappers in the produce department of your local grocery store hundreds of times and never given them much thought. One day I spotted them and they screamed take me home, so I did. I left them in the fridge a couple of days until I finally decided to whip together a few of these treats one afternoon for my daughter and I to enjoy. Crunchy, sweet little pockets filled with banana, chocolate and caramel; you’re going to want to eat 3 or 4 all by yourself. Enjoy and happy baking!
Yield 12 wontons
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 small banana, sliced into 12 circles
- 4 Tbs mini chocolate chips
- 6 tsp caramel sauce + more for garnish
- 1-2 Tbs powdered sugar for garnish
- 1 Tbs water for sealing wonton wrappers
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place a slice of banana, 1 tsp mini chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp caramel sauce in the center of each wonton wrapper, wet your finger and dab the edges of the wonton, fold in half diagonally and press around the edges to seal.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, cool on the pan 5 minutes, transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle on the remaining caramel sauce.