Full of rich coconut and fruity lime flavors these Key Lime Coconut Patties are a quick, easy candy you can make and enjoy in less than 15 minutes!
Rich chocolate or mild white chocolate candy coating surround a creamy key lime and coconut filling. These delicious little bites will have you dreaming of a trip to Key West but without the jet lag. I dipped them two ways just for extra fun, but I preferred the chocolate myself. The subtly of the white chocolate really highlights the key lime flavor, where the chocolate is more of an even balance between the coconut and key lime.
A quick, easy homemade candy is less than 15 minutes away with these key lime coconut patties. They are tasty no matter which flavor of candy coating you choose, I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we have!
Key Lime Coconut Patties
Yield 1 dozen
- 1 c + 1 Tbs powdered sugar
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 1/4 c + 1 Tbs sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp key lime flavor oil
- 4 oz almond bark or candy coating
- Line a baking pan with wax paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine the powdered sugar. shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk and key lime flavoring, stirring until smooth.
- Scoop the filling into 1 Tbs rounds and place on the wax paper lined pan.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the candy coating according to package instructions and dip the chilled candies into the coating,
- Place back on the wax paper lined pan and refrigerate for an additional 5 minutes, until coating is firm.
- Serve cold, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Courses candy, dessert